Welcome,

Welcome to my blog... Dan and I are always on the go and always have something to share. By the time we see or talk to you we have forgotten some of the highlights. So Hopefully you will enjoy our adventures and stories as we have enjoyed being there.

Monday, November 28, 2011

Nov. 21 - 27 2011 ~~ Southern Oaks Weekly Recap~~

I am sure having fun doing this blog and I hope that you enjoy reading this..   A few more days and we will have been here a month.  It seems as though we have been here longer. 

Nov. 21st  Monday
It is 80 degrees here this morning at 8 AM and it is sunny. I went for a walk with Susan this morning, didn't do the 1 1/2 miles as my back was really hurting today..  Dan and I went to the Bakery for breakfast, which was good and the price is right.  Then we took a ride over to Ransom Road RV to see our friends Joe and Elaine and their new addition.. Dee-O-Gee.. The cutest ever black and white 9 week old Shih-shu.. Oh just so so sweet.  Made me melt just holding him and my mind started that I need to get another companion for Mr. Herbie.. Then the thought of training one again and going thru the terrible two's..I sort of changed my mind.   Dan and I then went to Portland to Bealls as we had some good coupons and we got some really good sales.  82 degree's at 3:40 PM and windy


Nov. 22nd  Tuesday
76 degrees at 7:45 AM

Dan went and got his haircut today.. He likes the way Dobie cuts his hair.  It was craft day today and I took my stuff over and showed Mary (from Wisconsin) how to make a flower pin. Otherwise we did not do too much today.. A cool front came around about 8 PM..  YIP-P-E-E-E !!!

Nov. 23rd   Weds
59 degrees at 7 AM           Nice and cool for a change when I got up.  I had a Dr. appointment today at 11 AM and then when I was done we went to Jason's deli for one of their famous sandwiches. Came home and went to Happy Hour and then made a pecan pie for dinner tomorrow.

Nov. 24th   Thursday    HAPPY THANKSGIVING
Fog in the morning.. it seemed strange to see that, after all that sun that we had. 
We had our morning coffee and I peeled the potates for the cheesy potatoes that I was bringing to dinner.  We watched the parade and I went through the paper with all the Black Friday ads. It is just crazy how these people are when the stores open so early.
We had dinner at 2 PM and there were about 83 people and lots of food.. Baked turkey, Smoked Turkey, 2 big spiral hams and prime rib, with alot of side dishes...and of course delicious desserts.
Heather, Park Manger serving the meat.




Came back home and Herbie and I took a nap and Dan was sleeping in his chair...  Later in the afternoon it got cooler again.. 
Nov. 25th   Friday
55 degrees at 7:30 AM (Cool Morning Again)   Dan went for coffee with the guys aat the clubhouse, and then later we went to The Bakery Cafe' for breakfast again.  We went to Rockport afterwards so Dan could wash his truck and then we took rides through other RV parks. Just hung around home for the rest of the day.  We were still full from Thanksgiving dinner so I made a light dinner for us.


Nov. 26th   Saturday
It was over cast this morning..
When I woke up this morning my left ankle was so sore and swollen. It hurt to put pressure on it.  I hobbled down to my chair and waited for Dan to come and make coffee and wait on me...  I had my foot up for a few hours along with 2 Aleeve, and then the pain seemed to subsided. I got dressed, Herbie wanted to go for a ride, so I  hobbled to the truck and we went and got our mail in Portland, then we stopped and seen our friends Gene and Linda and Kolby.  Kolby was happy to see Herbie.   The wind was starting to pick up...
Ron and Joe came over to work with Dan on trying to figure out the wiring that Direct TV did when they installed our DTV dish.  After a few hours it was Happy hour and they will return tomorow.  In the meantime we had a spagehetti bowl of wires hanging ..LOL  
We went to Pizza Hut for dinner as it was close and the wind was picking up..  By the time that we were going to bed, the wind was so strong the trailer was rocking.   Good  Night ~~~~
Nov. 27th   Sunday
50 Degrees at 7 AM    Lost our windsock from the wind last night, Dan was out watering the grass, Jackie our neighbor came over with her I-Pad and showed me the site on the new German Bakery in Port Aransas.  I had ordered  KINDLE FIRE and can not wait to get it.  Dan was outside testing connections for atennas and satalittes, then Ron and Joe came back and the 3 of them were cabitzing over the wiring situation..  The wind was really bad again.    We went to China A for dinner and we decided that it isn't as good as it use to be...  Well that means we won't be going back there.. 
Vocabulary Word for the Day......LIQUIDITY Definition: Liquidity is when you look at your retirement funds and wet your pants!

Just wondering what next week will bring...????

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Chatham,, Michigan, United States
Karen's Koffee Klutch